Friday, April 24, 2009

Great Post by Hip 2 Save!

I just wanted to share this post by my favorite blogger, Hip 2 Save! Seems fitting since some of us have been treated pretty poorly this week for using coupons! Read on for some inspiring words....

My thoughts on the Coupon World!

Southern Savers has taken the time to write some excellent posts on how to use coupons correctly, the coupon redemption process and the list goes on! I have learned so much from what she has written and actually feel more empowered now walking in to a store with my coupon binder in tow! I feel that the more knowledgeable we are in this area, the more confident we will be.

I remember when I first started out couponing. I was so timid and nervous. My hands would be shaky and sweaty as I handed over my coupons. If the coupon beeped I'd almost have a heart attack. I'm sure you get the picture. Anyway, my point is that I wasn't that knowledgeable about coupons at the time and whatever a cashier said I believed.

When you start using coupons on a regular basis it can be in a way like a part time job. In my opinion, though, it's definitely a fun part time job and the added benefit is that it also pays like one... possibly even more! Coupons ARE like cash! When you use a $1 coupon you're putting $1 back in your pocket. You are paying yourself. Think how fast that can add up.

If you're a newbie couponer, then know this: You HAVE to learn it all, like reading a book. It takes time and practice, but once you get the hang of it--there is NO turning back. It will be smoothing sailing from there... at least for the most part!:) You'll feel so confident and empowered. If you are a stay at home mom you'll still be providing for your family! You just can't beat that. What a rewarding career to have. Yes, career!

If you're new to the whole couponing world and even if you're not- go check out all the wonderful posts Southern Savers has written. You'll be amazed at all the great information you'll come away with!

No comments:

Post a Comment