Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yet Another Challenge

Okay, so call me crazy, but I am going to give myself yet another challenge for this month. Michelle over at Money Saving Madness claims that she can get a year's worth of toilet paper stockpiled for her family for next to nothing. You can check out her post here. Toilet paper is one of our biggest expenses and something that is very hard to get a good deal on. I would be thrilled if we could get a good stockpile going and not have to break the budget by doing so. This month we are blessed to have a little extra money in the budget and I am going to put it to good use. Last week alone I spent $50 on diapers (which will only last two weeks) and $14 on toilet paper. Yikes! That is $64 dollars out of a $110 weekly budget and I of course still had to buy things like milk, eggs, bread and other necessitites. That being said, I am going to take on Michelle's challenge, watch her blog for deal scenarios, and see how far I can stretch $100. Granted, I will have to spend a little money initially to get going (I have no ECB's to start off with). My goal is to get a major stockpile of both toilet paper and diapers going. The last time I did a challenge like this I took $100 and bought Walgreens diapers during a major sale. Those diapers lasted me six months, diapering two kiddos! It was so nice during that time not to have to worry about finding money in the budget for diapers. I'm going to try and start my stockpile this week by using Michelle's deal scenario posted here. Anyone wanna join me on this challenge? C'mon - you all are going to be jealous when you see my free t.p.!

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely checking this one out! My hubby would LOVE it if we had a stockpile of tp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Jen - I want to hear about any toilet paper deals you get! Do you guys have CVS in TN?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be all over the tp deals if we had a CVS around here...darn!
    Kiley

    ReplyDelete