Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week One Results - Eat From the Pantry Challenge


Okay, I know that this is a little behind (like a full week - oops!), but I thought I would let you all know how I am doing with the Eat From the Pantry Challenge. It appears that I have a real problem with resisting the urge to pick up great deals that will add to my pantry stockpile. I've only been doing this couponing/stockpiling thing since last April and already I am such a changed person. Deal-seeking is in my blood, people! It is just so hard for me to pass by a great deal, which I know my family will use, and I know I have coupons for, especially when it is almost free or free.  I can no longer bare to pay full price for anything (exception: Diet Pepsi)! That said, you'll notice that I went slightly over my $30/week budget.

Aldi        =  $32.58
Trunck's =  $12.00 (Darn you, caffeine!)
Total      =  $44.58

I may have gone $14.58 over budget but I am pretty okay with that. I mean really, I spent under $45 for the WEEK for a family of six. That is pretty awesome considering that last year at this time I was spending $200-$250 every week. That is a potential savings of $600 a month! If you are doing an Eat From the Pantry Challenge this month as well, I'd love to hear about it in my comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment