Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge: UPDATE

As you all know, as part of my Eat From the Pantry Challenge this month, I am giving myself only $30 to spend each week on fresh produce, milk, etc. It appears that this may be really hard to accomplish. You see, I have an addiction to Diet Pepsi and unfortunately, I have yet to be able to find coupons that make it free. That's right, I broke down today and bought myself a big old cube of caffeine. Our groceries on Sunday cost $32 and I spent $12 at the local store today. Thankfully, there is a blizzard on the way, so I will be stranded at home for the next several days and unable to make it to the store to blow my budget again. In all honesty, my typical budget for groceries for a week is $110 so I am still WAY below that. Budgeting and saving money is not always easy and it is not always realistic. If you read any of Dave Ramsey's books, he will tell you that too. Each month is different from the next and it may take a few months to really get a budget figured out. I may have gone over this week, but I am pretty darned proud of ourselves for the changes we have made and the goals that we have set for ourselves. Oh, and in case you were wondering, this $12 pop is G-O-O-D!

No comments:

Post a Comment