Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meal Plan Monday (a day late!) - 2/8/10

Okay, so I had a REALLY busy weekend and quite frankly, I just did not get much of anything accomplished yesterday and I'm okay with that. (After four long days of birthday party preparations I needed a little down time!) Seeing as how we are snowed in (AGAIN) I thought it would be a good idea to go through the pantry and come up with my meal plans for the rest of the month. Here is this week's plan of attack:

Monday- Veggie soup, grilled cheese
Tuesday - Scrambled eggs, whole wheat waffles (4 WW points each)
Wednesday - Enchilada pie (already in freezer - yay!), refried beans
Thursday - Stir-fry veggies and brown rice
Friday - Texas Chili (jar mix that we got at Christmas), cornbread
Saturday - Sloppy joes, oven-fried onion rings (our FAVE and only 2 WW points!)
Sunday - Black bean/green pepper/onion wraps, spanish rice

I'm also going to try and do some OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) today. Typically I'll try to do this the first week of every month but adding any more chaos to last week's schedule was out of the question! I'm sure all of you with little ones know that supper time is ALWAYS crazy! My kids are tired, I am tired, the baby is tired, I can't think of what to make, the kids all want something different (which I DO NOT do) and we are stuck running to the store for some last minute ingredients or putting a bowl full of sugary cereal in front of the kids and calling it good. In hopes that dinner time will run more smoothly, I plan on making and freezing lots of meals and snacks and at the beginning of each month. I can just pull them out as I need them and save myself lots of time and energy during the week. Today I plan on making:

whole wheat waffles- 4 batches
banana/choc. chip muffins - 2 batches
zucchini bread - 2 batches
brown rice - enough for 3 meals
shepherd's pie - 2 meals
cook and freeze black beans, garbanzo beans, red beans (for use in chili, wraps, etc.)

Wish me LUCK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment