Wednesday, April 7, 2010

OAMC: Day Two (and still not finished!) Results

Holy smokes! After about 10 hours on my feet in the kitchen, I am ready to sit down and relax for a bit! Wow - next time I am wearing my Asics while I cook so these poor feet don't hurt so bad!

I started off around 9:00 this morning cooking up some sausage and hamburger for use in breakfast burritos and sloppy joes.

Then I got out my breakfast burrito ingredients and assembled 14 burritos with egg whites, sausage, onion, green peppers and cheese. Yummy!

Macy got home from preschool and wanted to help in the kitchen. Seriously...do you see that mess??? I think I did dishes almost as long as I cooked food! 

Anyway, Macy helped me whip together our healthy chocolate chip cookie dough. We didn't get the cookies made yet, but the dough is ready and we plan to bake them tomorrow morning. 
She is such a good little helper!

Along with cookies I also did up 3 batches of baked brown rice,

cooked up two boxes of whole wheat pasta for my Spinach pasta bakes,

and made another batch of crockpot refried beans. I let these cool and then put them in the food processor to make really yummy, really healthy and really cheap refried beans to use in burritos and as side dishes.

To finish off the day I made 30 bean, rice and cheese burritos and did a whole counter full of dirty dishes. All in all I'd say that today was a pretty big success. Tomorrow morning Macy is going to help me make two batches of blueberry pancakes and we'll bake our chocolate chip cookies. That will complete our April OAMC!! Yippee!! Check out my final results below:
30  - bean, rice and cheese burritos
14- egg and sausage breakfast burritos
3 - 1.5 lb. bags of sloppy joe meat
8 - 4 cup bags of brown rice
16- cups of refried beans

2 - Spinach pasta bakes
4- batches of "healthy" chocolate chip cookie dough

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally impressed. Who cares if it takes you more than one day? Just think of all the nights you won't have to cook.

    And I really love all the details in your post. It will really come in handy when I get my act together and attempt this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work honey! Can't wait to eat all this stuff. Especially the breakfast burritos, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice effort It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete