Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My OAMC Master Plan is DONE!

Whew! Finally I am done with my March OAMC. Or should I call it TAMC (Thrice a Month Cooking) as it took me three days to get everything accomplished? Regardless of how long it took me, how many hours I stood in the kitchen, how many dishes I scrubbed, how many spatulas I licked (kidding), how many cookies I taste-tested (four. no lie.), or how many baby puffs I had to feed to my seven month-old to keep him from crying so that I could do just "one more" batch of something - regardless of all of that, I am SO HAPPY with the results! I have SO MUCH food in the freezer. I am pretty sure that I can just hang out in front of the TV everyday eating bon bons because I don't have to cook supper for the next 29 days. Okay, so maybe I'll have to get up now and then to do a load of laundry or to change a diaper or vacuum or bathe the kids, but NO MAKING SUPPER for me! Yay! Check this out people! How cool is this?!?

 

Here is my final OAMC list for March:
10- Beef and bean burritos
10- Bean and rice burritos
2- Chicken, spinach and rice casserole
2- Spaghetti pie
2- Sloppy Joe meat
4- Brown Rice
10- Refried beans (2 C. portions)
24- Corn dog muffins
24- Corn muffins
3- Chickpeas (for salads and soups)
2- Whole wheat pizza dough
20- Whole wheat belgian waffles
24- White cupcakes
12- Zucchini muffins
2- Zucchini bread loaves
5- Dozen "healthy" chocolate chip cookies

What I learned:
1. Be PREPARED!!! I thought that I had everything ready to go before I started but ended up running out of tin foil and muffin liners. Not a big deal, but having to run to the store definitely slowed up the process a little bit. I also should have multi-tasked a little better. There were many times when I should have had the oven and stove-top going at the same time to get things done quicker.

2. Be PREPARED for the unexpected!!! When you have little ones at home, you can pretty much plan on something happening that will keep you from getting as much done as you had planned. For example; a fussy baby that just wants to be held. It is really hard to assemble burritos while holding a flailing child. Another example would be kids puking all over your house the night before you start your OAMC. (This one REALLY slows down the process!)

3. Be PREPARED to be really tired!!! I fell asleep on the couch at 8:00 last night and did not get up until almost 8:00 this morning. I know - I am a loser but that is just how tired I was.

4. Be PREPARED to feel like you really accomplished something big!!! I might be tired and my kitchen may be a little messy and my kids might have been a little neglected for a few days but I am really pleased at everything that I was able to get done! I know that for the next month I am going to have healthy, budget-friendly, and wholesome meals ready to serve to my family.

Check back tomorrow for recipes and Weight Watcher's points values for all of the meals that I prepared!





5 comments:

  1. WOW, Lindsey! You ROCK!! And I am so excited to see all your recipes....I'm seriously thinking about copying EXACTLY what you did (only I won't have to worry about any crying babes-heehee). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO LINDSEY!!! You did a GREAT JOB! I cant WAIT to see the recipes and WW points that you post!! Jason and I are trying to start leading a more healthy life and I am struggling so much trying to come up with things to make when it seems like we would smother everything in cheese, cream cheese and sour cream...something along those lines....once again, keep up the GREAT work! :0)
    Amanda Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.becobabycarrier.com The best "baby" money I have spent since having kids. Not sure how it will work with twins. . . I have one you can borrow if you are so inclined!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lame. Get a job and go out to eat sometime. Your kids wil benefit from getting out of Rienbeck.

    ReplyDelete