Thursday, June 4, 2009

Shopping Trip - 6/3/09

My first stop today was Walgreens. I wanted to see if they had any of the great clearance items that I have been reading about on the different blogs and forums. Unfortunately I did not find much of what I was looking for but I was able to get in on a couple of great deals while I was there. Next stop was CVS (also to look for some clearance deals). I had to bite the bullet and buy ridiculously expensive tin foil ($3.75 for this stuff!) and picked up a few other things that we needed. Last stop was Fareway and maybe it was the smell or maybe the pregnancy cravings kicking in or maybe the fact that it was so cheap, but I just couldn't pass up the cheap bread and buns that I found so I think we should be stocked up for a few weeks at least! Mmmmm.....I love bread! (I think that I am only so crazy about bread right now becuase my doctor suggested that I cut back on carbs for the remainder of my pregnancy. What we can't have we always want, right?) Anyway, you can see what I got below.

Walgreens:
1- Revlon Hair Dryer, $12.99 on sale
-got back a $10 RR (makes the hair dryer $2.99!)
4- Skim milk, $2.27
2- Cottonelle 4 packs, $1.99 (this was only at the C.F. store)
-used (2) $1/1 MFC
1- Ecotrin asprin, $2.00
-used (1) $2/1 MFC
-got back a $2 RR
1- Dove face soap,$.99
-used (1) $1/1 MFC

*I did the hair dryer first in a separate transaction so then I used my $10 RR from that to pay for the rest of the purchases.

Total before coupons and RR= $30.44
Total after coupons and RR= $13.44 (not bad for a hair dryer, t.p. and a week's worth of milk!)

CVS:
1- Cover Girl Mascara, $3.49 on sale 50% off
1- Coppertone Sunscreen, $8.99
-used (1) $3/1 printable
1- Glad cling wrap, $.75 on clearance
2- Reynolds foil, $3.74
-used (1) $.75/1 MFC
1- Johnson's first aid kit, $.99
-used (1) $1/1 MFC
-used $4 off $20 purchase CVS coupon

Total before coupons= $22.64
Total after coupons= $14.20

Fareway:
1- Tootsie Pops bag, $1.99 (I don't like rewarding my kids for bad behavior, but Levi and Drew were slapping each other in the face in their race car cart. I had to spare the other shoppers and think of a way to quiet them up FAST!)
2- cottage cheese, $.99
10- wheat cottage bread, $.99
1- hot dog buns, $.99
4- hamburger buns, 12 ct., $.89 on sale (this is a great price!)
2- Chinet plates, $2.59

-used (2) $2/1 MFC (thank
s to Cortney for the heads up on this one!)
1- Dole bag lettuce, $.69 (great price!)
2 - cartons of strawberries at $.99/lb = $3.62
Total spent = $24.41



2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure you'll be good on bread for at least a week... just don't feed the kids toast!:) Glad you found the plates, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kind of makes me feel better that you bribe also. Today in walmart my girls were pinching each other until I threatened to withhold a bribe.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete