Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hump Day Again???

Could it really be Hump Day again? Already? Where is the time going? What have I been doing? Well, I'll tell you one thing that I have NOT been doing:


Cooking. Notice anything funny about this picture?

Yeppers, just in time for Macy's birthday on Thursday, Macy's friends party on Friday and Macy's family birthday party on Saturday. Yep. Who needs an oven to bake a mini cake, 3 dozen cupcakes, and one Taylor Swift cake anyways? Do you REALLY have to make macaroni and cheese corn in the oven? I know that in the good ole' college days I was able to MASTER macaroni and cheese in the microwave, but I'm pretty sure that it was barely edible and and only really tasted good at two in the morning. Let's hope that our good friend Carl at the fix-it shop can fix it - and FAST!!!!

So, after the oven broke yesterday just as I was trying to bake cakes and cupcakes, this is what I looked like for a while.

Then we went to McDonalds with grandpa and got free bologna at Hy-Vee and got the kids put to bed and the basement cleaned and now I feel like we just might make it through this crisis. And when I say crisis, I am TOTALLY exaggerating! We could have easily had our house burn down yesterday or had to fork out $$$ for a new stove or had this all happen on Saturday with a house full of people ready to eat! When I think about it that way, yesterday was really a blessing. Kind of like the "big guy" up there knew just what he was doing! So, in honor of the lesson that we taught the 3 year-olds in church Saturday night, I pray: "Thank you God for my friend Carl, the fix-it man. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Carl is a STUD! Way to go Direct Appliance in Cedar Falls!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete